is made via email only
We also put an example by using Info2MIS (to
create .MIS) and
MIS Info Video.
1. Download and uncompress Recorded
Movies.zip, 174KB (2006-04-12), (with subfolders: Action, Bio, Comedy ...)
2. Download and install MIS Info Video
3. Go to Folder and point to the
folder where you uncompressed the Recorded
4. Click Refresh
You won't be able to play the movie (of course), but it will give you a
better sense of the potential of this application.
Do I need a .MIS to play a file?
No but it's better if you have one. For example, a podcaster
could add URLs, chapters .... A movie could have a picture plus the
plot, credit ...You may know what the movie was about but maybe not all
the members of your family or friends does. Also by adding a
rating-age to the
media in the .MIS, it can help filter out content not suitable for young children.
You could ask the provider of the media files to make one. Plus,
is there for that.
I can't see my media file?
You need to have the good video "codec" for the file. The most commons
.WMV (Windows Media Video)
.AVI (DivX or XviD)
.MPG (MPG1 or MPG2/VOB) - If you a have DVD player or capture card, most will have the codec
I can't hear my media file?
You need to have the good audio "codec" for the file. The most commons
AC3 - It's not
a extension but often .AVI will use this to get 5.1 sound versus
The internal player can't play some files, what
can I do?
You just need to install and/or configure an external player. If a file
extension is not supported by MIS Info Video, it will instead launch
the default application associated to it.
I want to use my own player instead but the
.MIS (i.e. chapters, subtexts) is not supported?
You will need to ask them to support it. All the
information is on our site.
- Add: In the Main page,
new way to display your media files: Thumbnail. Clicking on the
picture or the link will go to the information page. Right click is
deactivated. 3 column but going fullscreen will display more rows.
- Display the full size of the files(CD1, CD2) when using Picture and
- This is a test version. You may check the mainpage.html to see how
it's done. Please sent feedback or errors on the
Professionally made icons
- Add: Hotkeys in [ ]
- Add: In the Main page,
new way to display your media files: Picture and information 2. More
information will be seen on one page
- Add: In the Option page,
a new direct link to the Blog
- Add: In the Internal
Player page, the new Automatic aspect ratio is now available.
It will take the best choice between Full Window and Keep aspect
- Add: The Profile Manager now include the new icons plus the
state of protection of each profiles
More Vista "friendly"
- Change: If a change is detected in the
Folder page, it will return
to the Main page
Change: The help (English/French) are now local HTML files. No pictures
are included to lower the file size.
- When deleting a profile in Profile Manager, the pictures were not
- In v2.5, when a password was asked when entering in a profile, an
error was detected.
- Many visual correction when resizing
Notes with Vista:
- Take more time to install versus XP
- Run MIS Info Video as Administrator (first time)
- Add: Local help (html) included. It is based on the current support page. (English only)
- Add: Support for .TS
- Add: Detecting (once) if it's a French regional setting in
Windows and set the language to French for MIV.
- Change: If a picture is selected, it will change the display mode
to One picture at a time and not open the default application
associated with the picture.
- Change: When opening a new profile, the message will show examples
- MIV will be in front when opening a media file.
- &1 did not work properly when used with an external player
- Corrected a bug when MIV was started before the Profile Manager after
the initial installation. The second time, MIV was correct
- Add: Now FREE (MIS Info Video Basic
is now officially discontinued: remove it and install 2.4)
- Add: In the Main page,
new way to display your media files: Standard no pictures. This will
be faster on slower computer.
- Add: In the Information page,
search credit name on imdb.com
- Add: Option to hide the date when resuming
- Add: Enter an alternate name when resuming a second time (mostly for
computers with one account)
- Change: In the Main page (display
mode Picture and information), added the guest
- When changing the maximum age by hand, only the first number work
- FOLDER.MIF did not work properly when located in the root(e,g. CD, DVD)
- Add: View pictures: JPG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Add: In the Main page, 3
new ways to display your media files: List with pictures(bigger), One picture at a
time, Picture and information
- Add: If FOLDER.JPG is found and no picture is assign to a
media or within a .MIS or FOLDER.MIF, then it will be the picture by default
in the Main page
for each media title
- Add: Support the tags picture-content,
hide-subfolder in the FOLDER.MIF
- Add: Support .MIS additional tags
- Add: Support for other extension (no playback): ISO, IMG, AMZN
- Add: In the Browser page,
a status will be display at the bottom when loading a page.
- Change: In the Information page,
multi line credits are better displayed for very long roles
- Change: In the Main page (second toolbar), you
must only click the line to select or unselect a media to be deleted
- Change: In the Information page (second toolbar),
when Saving information to text, the default text file name won't be
example_mis.txt first but will be example.txt if it does not exist and then example_mis.txt.
- Change: In the Search page,
a error message will be displayed if nothing is found. Otherwise, it will directly go to the Main page
if something is found.
- Change: In the Main page,
when changing the order, it will now remain on the same media
- Change: Some screens(message, password) will now be displayed in
the current color scheme
- Some tags (note,
trivia) did not display correctly
- In the Information page(second toolbar),
when Saving information to text,if a
' was in the title, the
application would caused an error.
- Add: Simple DVD player interface by integrating Windows Media Player
- Add: In the Main page,
a new column of thumbnails with the first picture (picture-content) in the .MIS
- Add: When searching, possibility to
- Add: Quick access to the Folder Page from the Main page on the second toolbar
- Change: Access to full screen in both Basic/Advanced mode
- When changing the font size by hand, an error was produced when
the value was lower than 8
- Change: Unlimited profiles in basic mode
- Change: In the Information page, you can see the chapters (chapter-multi) or subtext (subtext-multi) contain in the .MIS
- Change: Disable the upper close button
- Change: When saving a resume point, user-track will not be saved if
it's equal to 1
- Change: When converting a .MIS to .TXT, will remove
the spaces at the right
- When looking at the pictures in the
Picture Page a second time, the
not refresh properly
- When selecting a chapter from the
Chapter page and the chapter
had more than one file, it would go to the position without changing the
- Will now delete Foxuser.dbf, Foxuser.fpt
- Some syntax errors (e.g. Advisary by Advisory)
- Add: Accept a filename has a command line to instantly play the media
without the need to create a new profile
- Change: Able to Double Click on a resume point
- Change: If Allow Deleting is not
checked, the Second toolbar button on the main page won't be visible
- Profile Manager deleted the good profile but did not refresh the screen
properly in some cases
- Fix a bug when entering the About page. Very useful if you want to
- Add: Integrated player (Mouse Click will pause/play, Mouse RightClick
will display/hide the controls, Wheelmouse will advanced/back the video)
- Add: Integrated browser based on IE 6.0 or configure to use your
- Add: Display the number of images(i.e. 1/4, 2/4....)
- Add: New order: by original date, by file extension (avi, wmv..)
- Add: Can change the font size on the main page to better suit your
- Add: When configuring an external player, you can decide to send
the .MIS instead of the A/V file if the player support it
- Add: When reading a folder of extracted DVD, the filename VIDEO_TS.IFO
will be given has the file but the title will be made from the parent folder
(i.e. D:\MyDVD\My Home Movie 1\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO = "My Home Movie 1").
It will also searched for video_ts.mis first.
- Add: Can now save a .MIS to .TXT. You have a .MIS
but don't want all of it to send in an email or to post on your website.
myvideo.mis to myvideo_mis.txt.
- Add: Search a word in the title
- Add: Can hide/reorder a profile when the Profile Manager is launch
- Change: Color scheme for a newer look
- Change: If folder.mif exist, will now read the
description-lg (new tag) first
- Change: Detect if a folder change was done and automatically do a
- Change: In the main page, a image will represent the content
(video, audio, image...) attached to the .MIS instead of a
- Change: Order by folder will take the
season and episode into consideration
- Change: Order by file date
will take the time into consideration
- Change: Font size goes from 8-24 to 8-34
- Change: When no active folder is found, a message will ask to add
- Change: Maximum age, password, allow deleting is now for each
- Change: Password can be ask when you enter MIV, when change
profile options, both or deactivated
- Change: Profiles files have changes location (i.e. in D:\documents
My Documents\McGrath Info Solution\MIS Info Video)
- Change: Deleting a file or files is
now on the secondary toolbar and do not Refresh. You must select it or them.
- Change: Network folders are now available in both Basic and
- Change: When configuring an external player, you can have multiple
extension separated by a space (i.e. MOV MP4 QT ...)
- Change: When navigating within the information page, the main page
was not updated properly
- Added .htm to some link because of our change of server
- An error could happen if the first file you look at the
information did not have a .MIS
- If the filename tag was different for the name of the filename, the information from the
.MIS was not shown
- The language button was shown when the no .MIS, .NFO,
.TXT was present
- Selecting a active external player would only take the first one.
It did not unselect the previous one
- An error could happen when clicking on the header of some columns
- Do not support files with DRM with the internal player
- This is the first public beta (test) version
- A full documentation (support page) will be written at the end of the
beta or before
- If Activate VMR9 is not active, secondary
audio, snapshot and subtext are also deactivated
- Most Options will be active right
away but if you change the Language and Activate VMR9, you
must exit and restart MIV
- Only .MIS subtext is supported. You can convert a .SRT
with IMDB 2 MIS when creating the .MIS
- Add: Support for the video files that do not have a .MIS
attached to them. If the video file has a .NFO or .TXT
with the same name, that information will be displayed. The order will be:
.MIS, .NFO, .TXT. We strongly think that a video file with a
.MIS is more practical in the long run.
- This will help make it more appealing with our new
- Current serial numbers (from v.1.0.0 +) are still valid
- Some of the links within the application might not work, add .htm
at the end of the link
- Change: Now with a 30 days trial period
- Add: Support for the tag content-url (URL the content)
- Add: Complete support for the tags
source-title and source-url (e.g.
a video (podcast) can now have many URL with a title for each link)
source-title :Super Fan P2234
source-title :Max Fan 87
- Takes the .MIS filename instead of the
file-name when displaying the RAW files
- Change: You can now continue to use the software past the 10 day
trial period in a new Basic mode
- Add: The default order is now by List
by file date
- Add: Possible to List by age
- Add: Go to Folder page when
they are no valid folder (usually after a new installation)
- Add: Support for the tag extract-info
- Add: In Information
Page, now display the original folder of the file
- When the trial period was finish, the URL linked to the wrong store page
- When writing the runtime-sec,
it added a line with ":"
- List by folder was
based on the file-name and not