This site was generated using MyStarterBlog
Current version: 1.7.0 (2009-05-17)
Beta version: 1.8.0b2 (2010-12-07)
Before buying MyStarterBlog, you must download the free version first and test a generated blog on your host. It must support PHP. No refund will be issued after you received a registered key.
The free and registered versions are the same.
In USD currency
P.S. We reserve the right to raise the price at anytime and without any warning. We do have plans to raise it later on since we add new features often and give you free updates for life.
Open a Free account with AlertPay
(2) A serial number key file will be sent to you within 48 hours to the email you used for the payment. But in most cases, it will only take a few minutes.
MyStarterBlog(MSB) is a simple online/offline content management system(CMS) with added features to help you make money online.
Many bloggers are using online CMS for their main blog. It's okay since we do the same ourself. But sometimes, a blogger don't want to deal with security issues, create a database, update plugins, deal with comments spammers... on a secondary blog. MSB can also be used for someone new to blogging but not ready to invest too much time to deal with a CMS. Or, a blogger could decide to split part of a main blog by creating a secondary blog.
That's where MSB comes in. With MSB, you write posts and let MSB generate the blog for you. Instead of uploading 4-5MB(first time or with updates) when using a self hosted CMS script, you just upload 100-200KB to your domain. Since those are mainly flat files, they won't overload the server or require a database on the server. If you decide to move to another hosting company, you just need to upload the blog's files. You won't have to deal with exporting and importing the database, update plugins ...
Because you won't show comments on your blog, this will reduce a lot of comment spam. With MSB, you can optionally allow comments(use a captcha) to be sent by email for a specific post or page. This way, you will interact directly with your readers on a personal level.
You can use MSB to write your offline personal journal by not uploading the generated blog to a domain.
With recent updates, MSB can also be use to write auction sites, landing page sites, small review product specific sites, ... more than just blogging.
See a demo blog that was made using MSB.
or read this post: Making A Local Basic Site Using MyStarterBlog for a local business site.
- More secure since there is no backend that can be hacked
- Faster to load(no plugin or fetching post from the online database)
- Learn to use FTP software, HTML(posts/pages)
- Interact directly with your readers
- Use the 8 included themes that you can modify to your taste or get new ones
- Search engine friendly out of the box so that your readers can find your blog quickly
- Auto-generate the RSS feed and sitemap.xml
- Create unlimited blogs
- Import text files in a batch to start your blog faster (paid version)
- Import your WordPress blog(XML) (paid version)
- Free Basic version
- Low cost paid version available with free upgrades for life
- No spyware or adware
The included themes were created by NicheMate.
Note: Disabled items in MSB are only available in the paid version. Use the free basic version to see if you like it or not.
You can watch very short videos to give you a "feel" of MSB from here.
To be popular and save you time, those are the third party tools that we are suggesting and using to be found by search engines. If you build it, they won't come if they don't know that your MSB site exist!
- Directories: Auto Website Submitter
- Social bookmarks: BMD
- Articles: The Best Spinner and ArticleDemon
Fast Blog Finder(free/paid): Find blogs posting about related subjects you like. The paid option give you more results!
Note: Host Gator (cPanel) is the supported host I actually use. If you don't have any hosting or searching for a better host, we recommend it.
"Free hosting" offered by some host will often limit you(no error management, limited .htaccess...) or not even support PHP.
MyStarterBlog v1.7.0, 9.07 MB, 2009-05-17
Vista users: Make sure you have Full Control to the installation folder. You may have problems since MSB will write files in that folder or when you update the MSB software.
Click on Properties of the folder - Security - Users (computer-name\users) - Edit -Users (computer-name\users) - Full Control( check Allow) - Ok.
MyStarterBlog Update v1.7.0 update(stable), 752KB, 2009-05-17 (uncompress in the application folder)
(e.g. C:\Program Files\McGrath Info Solution\MyStarterBlog)
MyStarterBlog Update v1.8.0b2 update(beta), 767KB, 2010-12-07 (uncompress in the application folder)
(e.g. C:\Program Files\McGrath Info Solution\MyStarterBlog)
10 Updated Default Theme for v1.8.0+ (update only), 538KB, 2010-10-26 (uncompress in the Theme folder)
Warning: This will overwrite your current default themes from v1.0 or passed beta. Backup those themes if you changed them.
(e.g. My Documents..\McGrath Info Solution\MyStarterBlog\Theme)
- Add: You can Import a list of URLs(Combine URLs) when using the Combine URLs live demo(directory theme used) theme. The Metatags from the URL will be used. In some case, no description or keywords are found in the URL.
- Add: and tags were added in the General 2 page.
- Change: replace more than once per file. Before, only the first instance was changed.
- Bugs fixes
- Add: You can import spin ready text files generated from TBS. The first line is the title and the rest the post/page. I suggest you add the HTML tags by end for the paragraph.
- Add: The themes were updated with a Keyword theme and Site Directory theme for a total of 10 themes using the new Tags and ping code
- You can Import a list of URL domain name when using the Site Directory live demo theme. The Metatags from the site will be used. In some case, no description or keywords are found.
- Add: Ping Bing directly option
- Add: ping.php, ping.txt in themes to ping with your own ping servers. The internal ping can be hidden(registered version only) to stopped people from ping from there browser. Ex: http://www.theurlofmydomain.com/dfs23s32.php.
- Add: In the Redirection, you can build the redirection URL easier
- Add: You can Right-Clicks on the tags to be put on the clipboard. For example, it's useful when using the [adblock] or other tags to paste in the theme or post/page.
- Change: The email is now hidded in the about page in case you want to make a demo.
- Change: Ping-O-Matic will select the common ones by default
- Change: When building the RSS feed, MSB will use the charset value.
- Use robots.txt instead of robot.txt
- Text errors
This is a beta but somewhat stable version. The documentation was not updated.
- In Blog Parameters, You can click on List posts to get a list of the URL of the post. It's mostly for adding bookmarks easier in BMD
This is a stable version. The documentation was updated.
- Add: In Blog Parameters - General 2, the Read more text option is available so that other language than English can be used. The default value is still Continue reading with the < !--more-- >
- Add: [analyticscode] for those using a third party web tracker analysis code. It's should be only added in header.php(after html tag) or footer.php(before the tag).
- Add: The system will keep track of the last time the blog was generated. The date is showed at the right of the Generate button.
- Add: To better help search engines crawlers, you can add sitemap in the robots.txt. Add this line of code: Sitemap: [ siteurl ]sitemap.xml
- Add: You can configure to new payment processors tags: and . Those are global tags. You can enter your emails in Blog Parameters - General 2.
- Add: You can configure your ClickBank ID now by using . This one is a global tag. You can enter your ID in Blog Parameters - General 2 Other affiliate networks(no ID) were also added.
- Change: The free version allow users to create unlimited blogs
The documentation was not updated.
A site designer can use , and to write premade sites and sell them to others. The buyer will then just need to change the value to their own.
- Crashed when using a theme without keyword_main.php
- Keyword categories and theme example.
This is a beta version. The documentation was not updated. This version is to have keyword linking within the post and a page for each keyword used more than 1 time. No keyword page will be generated if a keyword is used once. This is to minimize the number of overall files.
To activate "keyword mode":
The theme must include keyword_main.php, template_main.php will be used to list all the post in the keyword page.
In index_post.php, [postkeyword] is used instead of software,blog, free, paid, blogging, when listing the keywords used for the post.
In footer.php and header.php , you can use this 2 new tags: [popularkeyword] and [listallkeyword].
[listallkeyword] can also be added in a extra page if you want it to list all the keywords used in the blog instead of listing them on the side of the blog.
Keywords used once will link directly to the post.
- Add: To go with the upcoming MSB eBay Plugin, France(FR) was added.
- Add: Pingler.com was added to the list of ping service you can use
- Change: The Save will behave like before(v1.5). But, you will see a new Save button that will be use to select a folder and save the blog.
- Change: The default links will not longer be added in the registered version.
- A few minor corrections found where the Theme Folder images had no value before being Generate. This would cause MSB to crashed.
This is a beta version. The documentation was not updated.
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 2003(not tested)
- Processor: Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
- Memory: 128 MB minimum
- Hard disk space:25MB
- Video: 800X600
- An Internet connection is a requirement. Your host must support PHP